Saturday, January 7, 2023

My closet 2023 Fall/Winter

Happy January! And Happy New Year.

As you might know since our kids left the nest hubby and I have our own closet.

That and having a free bathroom is like the best of both worlds. No complaints.

I decided since January and July have been the times I chose many years ago to rearrange and allow myself to have some better organized space that I feel much more in control of my life in general.  It’s a feel good feeling.

Today I’m updating my previous years post and pictures.

I am finally very happy with my January closet.

I started taking clothes shopping very seriously.  Actually during Covid in 2020.

This is my 2023 winter closet.  I move my clothes on opposite side of closet for different seasons.  I’ll get to the other side when spring is almost here.  Stay tuned!


When I shopped during Covid I bought mostly online with a company I knew my size and  I realized I seldom get really dressed up anymore.  I decided to not buy anything real dressy (although I do have dressy casual clothes from that same company from years ago and I still wear).

Some basic black styles work well for all seasons and all occasions .









I try keeping colors together for easy tops  and pants.  
Pants I have mostly black blue and grey.  I do have brown but seldom wear brown .  I do though wear beige and brown in spring, summer and fall on occasion.  Beige, white, navy blue in summer along with sundresses.

I find sweaters handy for those times you need a little something to add to an outfit.  I do have a few pinks, black, navy, grey and a few that are little bit “holiday” type sweater.

Turtle necks…. I rarely wear them but I can’t seem to part with them but with limits.  Only neutral colors.



I’m a more basic clothes person but like an occasional pick up color.  I love peacock blue , rust/orange and shades of yellow and green.

  For some reason I don’t like red on me but love it and yellow in my flower garden.

 **** I do have one red lightweight dress up and a few jean casual jackets.

I have the fringe jacket in taupe and black too!  These 3 were a great buy(sale)very reasonable lightweight feel good addition easy to care for jacket that can be used in many social situations.  

****My Spring/Summer wardrobe is much more colorful but I still try to stay with basic colors in my slacks/shorts.

****I love sundresses so you’ll see more of them as the weather improves.

I don’t buy many pastels (I think pastels age me)imo
 and lean toward solid blacks, creams and grays for fall and winter.  Blues of all tones, beige , corals and white for Spring /Summer.

I do like to shop so something other than my basic that I find irresistible I’m going to buy it but here is where control comes in.  It’s not a good buy if you will only wear it once or twice!!!!

So my basic backsplash is neutral colors with accents like a nice simple chain, earrings or better yet a simple silver or gold shorter necklace.  I have found scarves are nice but I had way too many and seldom used them so off they went to be donated.

On another note.  This is the time of year to update your wardrobe and either discard, donate or go to resale shop. You can make $$ by reselling your nice items you don’t wear anymore.

I hoped this post helped someone today.  I enjoyed writing it.


Wishing you the best 2023.  





No comments: