Saturday, November 3, 2018

Spiced Pecans: Mom's recipe

Great recipe for your nut loving family and friends.

Hint:  Thanksgiving and Christmas.


I wasn't going to do a thing today in the kitchen but I just couldn't resist making some wonderful toasty pecans that everyone loves!   Mom made these every year and she couldn't make them fast enough. You can't eat just one! if you know what I mean.  Everyone loves them!  They are also wonderful to make for the holidays AND  they STORE WELL IN COOKIE TINS.  I doubled the recipe and made 2 lbs..

I love to give containers mixed with these pecans and trail mix that I make especially during the holidays.  You can find cute little containers at the Dollar Store.

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,

1 egg white slightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
1 lb. pecan halves
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves (optional)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg or 1/2 tsp. allspice


All toasted and just out of the oven..Yummy!




Stir after 20 minutes and put back in oven for 10 minutes more..


Mix together sugar, salt and all spices..

In a Medium bowl whisk egg white and water, stir in pecans until all surfaces are moistened. Sprinkle above sugar/ spice mixture to coat all pecans.  Mix well until all pecans are covered with sugar mixture...

Spread pecans on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a pre heated oven 300 degrees for 30 minutes..stirring once after 20 minutes then put back in oven and bake remaining 10 minutes. Cool and store.








11/18/12 original

11/23/13

5 comments:

Shaheen said...

Oh I just want to put my hand through the computer screen and grab a handful of these. Yum.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Delish! Easy to make! Thanks for checking my blog!

Balvinder said...

One of my favorite nut plus you have spiced. Sure to make for the winters and holidays.

DeniseB said...

Ah these are some of my favorite holiday treats. Thanks for the reminder-- I need to go buy some pecans for a party tomorrow---except it is only 9 degrees out now__ I hope it warms up so I can get some pecans and make this lovely recipe :-)

M. J. Vitelli said...

9 degrees..oh my..where are you? Hope you get out to get the pecans..They sure are delicious!! Thanks for stopping by:)