Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Impossible Coconut Custard Pie! Delish!!

I'll start this post by saying I have never been a lover of coconut custard pie and now more than ever I don't know why????This pie was amazing!  What took me so long?




 I love coconut cream pie and usually hubby and I share a piece when we are out to dinner and the restaurant we are at happens to be known for their delicious coconut cream pie.  Scouting through recipes today and knowing I had milk and coconut and that both hubby and I love coconut I decided to try my hand at  a coconut custard pie.

  My hubby has always loved coconut custard so adapting a few similar recipes this is what transpired. It is a really easy pie that the crust bakes right into it. Amazing!  I'm sure there are several recipes out there to try, so hopefully you'll try this one.

    After it had cooled I placed it in the refrigerator so it would be COLD and probably easier to slice all I have to say is:   Oh MY Delicious!! Of course I devoured a huge piece lol .  Yummy!

and I can't wait for hubby to come home from his golfing.  He is going to LOVE it!  I am now a coconut custard pie lover.  Enjoy!  All you need is a blender to make this pie. 

I made the impossible coconut pie today in a different pie dish.  Just as delicious.




2 cups milk( I used 1%)
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
 3/4 cup sugar(cut sugar back to 1/2 cup if you prefer a pie not as sweet)
8 T butter softened
1 cup coconut (I used sweetened coconut)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
 dash of nutmeg
Place milk, eggs, vanilla, butter,sugar and coconut in blender and mix.  Add flour last and blend until flour is blended well.   Pour mixture into a greased and floured pie plate.  Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg Bake 350 degrees approx. 45 to 50 minutes depending on oven temperature.. 

***NOTE
When pie is done baking a slight jiggle in center will assure your custard is perfect !

Cool on rack to room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.

You can eat it when it’s baked and cooled but allowing it to set up in refrigerator makes it easier to slice.

 Enjoy!

It doesn't stay as high as it looks..Deflates a little after it cools..


Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool

dmh said...

We call it Impossible Pie and it's the only coconut custard we ever make! Some people use bisquick but this way is better! Happy to came over to the yummy side!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Where was I all these years and didn't know about impossible pie??? I did see a recipe with Bisquick but also opted to use all purpose flour. So happy to be on the yummy side with this super pie. Thanks :)

Marsha said...

My aunt used to make this pie and it was so easy I couldn't wait for her to share it with me. In my early days of baking, I tried every recipe I could get my hands on, just to taste. Nothing compared to Aunt Bert's Coconut Pie. I had an executive from a huge restaurant chain tell me it was the best pie he had ever had. My recipe called for self-rising flour, and I always use whole milk, and I feel it needs all the sugar, not just for taste. And don't drag out the blender, just stir it all together and pour into buttered pie pan. The coconut will rise to the top and be pretty and toasted. I've been making this for 40+ years now. If you stick to the recipe, you can't make a mistake.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thank you Marsha :). I appreciate your suggestion and will make note. I have self rising flour :). I just may have to make another. lol. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Pour custard mixture into each custard moulds (3/4 th of the mould) or flat bowl and cover this with aluminum foil or grease proof paper. benefits of coconut water