Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas tree appetizer

I wanted to share this right away thinking maybe someone would like to make this for Christmas.  It's a little late  maybe for now but how about New Years?  

 My Christmas Project!

The base is a Styrofoam cone from a craft store. Cover it with saran wrap.  Place cone on a glass tray.  To make sure cone stays in place put double face tape on the bottom of the cone to secure it.

The rest is up to you.

Thin salami, pepperoni, various hard cheese, peppers, hot and sweet, olives the list is endless.  Just remember to buy some nice colored toothpicks and use a pretty platter to display.

Ok I'm back and hopefully these photos will help with the actual process of making the tree.  Enjoy!

Variety of items

 
Start at the bottom and work up the cone.


At the top add a few cherry tomatoes for height.


 
Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate.  My cone was the smaller size of two that were available.  Since I didn't knew I wouldn't have a lot of refrigerator space I opted for the smaller one.  Had the weather been cooler I would have been able to store in our garage but this year has been unseasonably warm.

It was a big hit as you can see.  Not much left.



Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


From my kitchen to yours,




No comments: