Saturday, January 7, 2023

Blueberry Pockets or turnovers!

Re-post 

I was a bit restless today so checking out the frige I noticed that I  had a box of(2) Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie crusts that needed to be used so here goes my creation.(I look at expiration date)

I had bought this handy gadget(called dough press) last Christmas and figured it was a good time to play with it.

  The other day I had made Blueberry soda with fresh blueberries so after straining them I had all these nice smashed blueberries. Approx. 3/4 cup.  

 I didn't want to waste them so in a pot I added 3 T of  minute Tapioca to the blueberries in a pot brought the juice to a slight boil to thicken and I now had a wonderful blueberry filling.

 I cooled the filling and then filled the center  with a quarter size dollop of blueberries, folded and baked.  Yum. 

When cool drizzle with confectionery sugar mixed with milk to desired consistency..

Super Easy!!  I can't wait to make something else with these  easy to fill pockets.  I may even make Mom's homemade dough and the filling possibilites are endless.  Meat, chicken, cheese and on and on.  

I was able to make 5 possibly 6 pocket or turnovers.  Gather all leftover dough and knead to make extra ones. You can make an extra one with the excess dough.

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,



M.J.
 

  I'm thinking Pasties maybe next!!







6" inch circle needed for size.  (Cool Whip container lid is approx. 6").


Original 7/6/13

No comments: