Saturday, December 17, 2022

Pre-Christmas 2022


Nate’s visit 

My secret lasagna recipe!
Before

After

Our grandson Nate came for an early Christmas  visit on Friday.  He goes to school at NCU and works too.  He doesn’t get a lot of free time but managed a short visit with us.  Our son and his family joined us.

It was such a good evening of good food and the best conversation.

I was sorry that the evening had to end but he’s coming back for a short breakfast visit on Sunday.

He did request anise pizzelles and loves banana cream pie so I made a banana cream trifle.  A few small cannoli and my usual Biscotti.  I made a few snowball cookies too!

Our main menu was a small charcuterie board.  Usually I go crazy with something new in that area but this year kept it simple.  


A large Italian seasoned salad(my secret dressing).

Small Charcuterie board 
Fresh baked bread 
Poppy giving his o words of wisdom! Lol

Nate and Zoe two of our five grandchildren. 



Zoe
Nate

Our son Mark and I.


A few bottles of wine to start.  Not all
Are shown lol


Of course a small cookie platter I made.

My lasagna made with fresh hot and sweet sausage.

Love my Spode dishes. I have the set.

In a blink of an eye it was over although I will say a wonderful relaxing evening to add to our memories.





No comments: