Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Alfredo topped shrimp marinara




Hello to a New year and new recipes.

Today I decided to add some interest to my shrimp marinara and it proved to be a delicious addition.

Easy to make and using my favorite marinara jar sauce while making my quick homemade Alfredo sauce to add some added flavor.  It was a success!  We totally enjoyed it and I think you will too!



I Victoria’s jar Marinara sauce
**Homemade Alfredo sauce *** you can use jar Alfredo sauce 
3/4 lb. cleaned and deveined medium shrimp thawed (tails removed)
4T Butter
Extra virgin Olive oil
1clove minced garlic 
1lb. Penne pasta cooked according to directions
Pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese
Dried parsley 

Cook pasta according to directions while shrimp are sautéing and drain pasta well.

Lightly sauté shrimp in butter, garlic and olive oil.

Add marinara sauce to sautéed shrimp and heat on low until sauce had warmed.

**Make Alfredo sauce
4 T butter melted 
I cup heavy cream
1/3 or more cup Pecorino Romano cheese

Melt butter on low heat .  Slowly add heavy cream stirring until it starts to thicken slightly.  Add Romano cheese.  

Toss penne with half of  shrimp and marinara sauce.  Place in platter or bowl .  Add remaining marinara and using a large spoon drizzle Alfredo sauce generously over pasta.

A side salad compliments this wonderful dinner!

Happy Cooking!!







From my kitchen to yours,



No comments: