Monday, January 11, 2021

Stuffed Pepper Loaf!

Remember this recipe?  If you haven't tried this easy meatloaf today might be the day :).  If you like the taste of peppers this meatloaf is really good and we loved the leftovers.

All this recipe requires is a few easy ingredients and you'll have a delicious meal to serve.  I put my thinking cap on and as I promised I'm bringing a new loaf to our table and hopefully yours too! Stuffed Pepper Loaf! 

I'm hoping you'll enjoy this new idea and I'll be doing a few more of these  EASY ONE PAN MEALS to help you spend less time in your kitchen but still bring good healthy meals to your family.  Enjoy!  Just add a salad and some fresh bread and you are going to make your family happy.


February 11/2012 first posted
Happy Cooking!
 
M.J



Today I started the day by going to the grocery store and buying some good quality ground beef and pork.



Let's see what I can make from that start.

1 lb. approximately beef and pork ground
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup orange pepper diced
1/2 cup green pepper diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 egg slightly beaten
 1 -15 oz. Hunts sauce reserving 2 tablespoons sauce for to mix in with ingredients.

Mix ingredients..shape into loaf ..Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour or more.. Take out of oven top with remainder of sauce and bake another 1/2 hour more. Note:  Times are approximate.  Test your loaf to make sure the juices are clear.

Easy to make and you can put it together the evening before, wrap it in plastic wrap and it's ready to bake when you get home from work!


From my kitchen to yours,








11/1/12

4/1/13

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the idea of all those peppers stuffed in there. Yum

M. J. Vitelli said...

It was amazing! and my hubby couldn't wait for leftovers! The guy usually hates leftover anything! Wait until you see next weeks loaf..double yummy!

Desserts by Annie said...

Oh my!!! I think I will be trying this recipe for sure!!! Sounds amazing! Thanks MJ!