Monday, January 18, 2021

Campanelle, ricotta casserole

1 lb. Campanelle  or ziti pasta 
1 lb. Whole milk Ricotta 
5 or more cheese blend 
2 quarts meat sauce

Instead of using traditional penne pasta for this casserole I decided to change it up and add some interest to today’s  casserole. This type pasta reminds me of a seashell with deep indenting to allow the sauce to seep in.  We found it to be a nice twist to a basic penne pasta.

While pasta is cooking heat your meat sauce.

I cooked this pasta according to directions and drained well.

In the pot the pasta was cooked add half of sauce and the ricotta mixing to combine.  Add drained pasta.

In a large casserole dish spoon a few tablespoons of the sauce. Add mixed pasta and top with remainder of sauce and cheese.

Bake 350 degrees uncovered 20 to 30 minutes until cheese melts.

Don’t over bake or it will dry the top cover of your pasta.

I baked mine 20 minutes.

Enjoy!



I




















No comments: