Thursday, August 20, 2020

Shrimp in marinara over Polenta



Hubby and I didn’t eat lunch today so I made an early dinner.  Shrimp in marinara over polenta.  I had never made it over polenta and really liked it because I have ordered shrimp and grits when I order out so I was just about positive I would like it.. 


My Italian hubby wasn’t as convinced as I was.  He says polenta with meat sauce is the only way to go. 


Most days he wins and some days I win.  Score ðŸ˜‚😋😋😋



1 lb. cooked and deveined large shrimp( I removed tails)
Olive oil
Butter
Minced garlic
Fresh basil(you can use dried)
Parsley
Red pepper

Place olive oil, butter , garlic, parsley in large skillet. Sauté until garlic starts to sizzle.  Add marinara sauce and basil. Cook low until sauce is warmed .  Add shrimp and warm a few minutes and serve with Parmesan.  Yummy!

Polenta

4 cups water
I tsp. Salt
1 cup (*instant polenta)
Grated Parmesan 

Bring salted water to a boil.  Using a whisk quickly add polenta whisking until thickened.  It takes less than 5 minutes to thicken.  Note: it does splash so have a lid handy!

Place large spoonfuls of polenta on a platter.  Add shrimp and sauce and lots of grated Parmesan.

Enjoy!





No comments: