Saturday, August 22, 2020

Air fryer coconut chicken cutlets

Coconut chicken for lunch and a side salad.

When I went grocery shopping I bought a large package of frozen individual chicken breasts.  They are super handy for our meals.  Last night we had 3(they ere a good size and I was able to filet them).  I served the coconut chicken with brown butter gnocchi and a cucumber/tomato salad. 

You can also prep them earlier in the day or the day before and use when needed in the refrigerator.   If I’m making several and I have extra I’ll freeze the cutlets for later meals.

Enjoy!



About 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup sweetened coconut 
1 egg beaten with 1 tsp. Water
1/2 cup flour 
Pinch salt and pepper
2 scallions cut thin
Cooking spray

You’ll need 3 bowls.  One: Place panko bread crumbs and scallions in a bowl.  Two: eggs water, salt and pepper.  Three flour.  Dip chicken in eggs, then flour and then into coconut scallion mix.  Pat well into coconut.. so it sticks well.

Set Air Fryer on 365 or 370 degrees.  Spray basket with cooking spray.  Also spray chicken on both sides with olive oil or cooking spray.

Place chicken in basket 2 or 3 fillets fit in my basket depending on size of chicken breasts.  


Air fry 7 minutes and turn chicken and spray chicken again for approximately another 7 minutes.  

Air fryer cooking and having moist chicken requires patience to not overcook.  I make Pork chops in my air fryer and they are moist and juicy too.  Note:  I find a thicker piece of chicken or pork chop works the best to keep inside moist!  

Enjoy!










Check my labels under Air Fryer recipes for more of my recipes.



Enjoy!










 


 

No comments: