Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Crockpot rice pudding


An old favorite that my mom made long ago.  She would stand over the stove for more than a hour making creamy rice pudding.  I decided to try her  recipe in the crockpot.  Creamy and delicious and I didn’t have to stand over the stove for an hour or better.  Great solution to those who want a hands free option.

Enjoy!



3/4 cup pudding rice (Arborio)
1/2 cup Sugar
4 cups whole milk
2T butter
Pinch salt 
Pinch cinnamon



Place all ingredients in your crockpot. Stir well.  Set temperature to high.  I stir again after and hour and cook approximately 1 to 1/2 hours. Check after 1 hour and stir.



Note:  if it thickens too much add some milk and stir.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying this recipe today. Could you use a lower setting on the crockpot?

Anonymous said...

Yes you could definitely could do so. Just make sure before you put the milk in it has been heated well in your microwave. I suggest to heat u til you see it is starting to boil then add rice and place on low and forget about it for at least 4 hours. Then stir turn off heat and allow to cool in pit without stirring. Good luck!