Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Another one of my favorite Salads!! Asian Pasta Salad

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall I love this easy to make salad with an Asian Flair.
6/27/23
I added (1) tablespoon of paprika to this salad today and it definitely enhanced the flavor.  Note: I was looking for a dressing such as a “sesame ginger” but used an Asian dressing that I thought was too sweet. The paprika balanced the flavor better imo.


               Before adding paprika.   5/26/2023 updated 

Yesterday I stopped by at at food specialty store on my way to visit some friends..I couldn't resist buying one of their specialty pastas and also a small amount of an appealing pasta salad they had already prepared.. It was really good and today I couldn't wait to try to duplicate it.. I added my touch to it and decided to try what I thought might be the type of salad dressing that they used..Here is my version of that salad.  Both my hubby and I loved it..I made enough for two generous servings and that was our dinner tonight...Delightful! 


Asian Pasta Salad


I thought the asparagus was a nice touch! 4/4/18





Tossed and ready for the asparagus


1 roasted red pepper chopped ( roasted while pasta was cooking)
2 large scallions(green included)sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
½ tsp. Dried cilantro
¼ tsp. Red pepper flakes
½ tsp. Sugar
8 oz. Orecchiette pasta (or  small pasta of choice)
½ bottle Asian Ginger Vinaigrette( store bought) Brand name  All natural Cookwell & Co.
 1 cup roasted asparagus (roasted with some olive oil, salt and pepper)(stems removed) optional
8 oz. Small cooked shrimp

Cook pasta according to directions.  Rinse and drain well.  Roast asparagus and red pepper with slight amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.  Toss pasta, chopped roasted red pepper, scallions, red pepper flakes, sugar and cilantro with Asian Ginger Vinaigrette.. Add shrimp.. Top with  Roasted Asparagus!  Delightful!!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,






9/2/12
1/4/13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The salad looks fantastic..and topped with grilled asparagus.Nami nami;))