Sunday, June 30, 2019

Easy Fruit Cobbler from my kitchen to yours :)

Cherry, Blueberry, Pineapple, Apple, Peach there are no limits when it comes to fruit cobblers.  In the summer I make cobbler with fresh fruit and thicken it slightly but when fall and winter come upon us and I feel I want a nice comfort food dessert it usually is a cobbler that I make.

My easy recipe below is one I have used over and over.  You could substitute Bisquick to make it even easier but my pantry has the staples I need for this recipe.  Enjoy!  

6/12/17
 


Apple Cobbler



1-21 oz.  can pie filling or topping (today I'm using cherry)
 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
¼ cup milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
6 tablespoons butter, melted

In a large bowl place melted butter, egg , sugar and vanilla. Stir or whisk until blended.  With a large spoon add flour, salt, baking powder while slowly adding milk. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto pie filling.


 In a lightly buttered  13x9 inch baking dish place pie filling.  Top filling with 5 or 6 heaping tablespoons of batter.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until top is golden brown.  Cool 5 minutes and serve warm with vanilla ice cream(yummy) if desired.







No comments: