Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sausage Patties with Peppers and Onions



Today being Mother’s Day I am making my mom’s recipe for sausage patties.

I am substituting garlic granules for fresh garlic and I am not adding fennel.

I have made it as the recipe below numerous times but today going out on a limb with the garlic.

Check back on my Facebook group page WE LIKE TO BAKE AND COOK GROUP FOR MY OPINION ON THIS UPDATED RECIPE LATER.  M.j.



Here were the patties and peppers I made today.  Next time I would increase the paprika to 2 T.  And add red pepper to give it a little more spice. Delicious!

Enjoy!





This is Mom's recipe I just added a little bit of extras to it..

2 lbs. lean pork (ground)
2 cloves garlic minced (I soaked 2 garlic cloves in a bit of water for 10 minutes prior to using)
1  tablespoon salt( cut salt to 1 tsp. if salt restricted)
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. fennel(not necessary but adds some flavor)
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp red cayenne pepper (optional)

Mix and make into 8 to 12 patties..Cook slowly in 2 tsp. oil until browned..Serve alone or on a Crusty Roll with Peppers and Onions...

NOTE::: if you like heavier seasoning don’t be shy add more of those seasonings you like.

1/25/12

No comments: