Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Half and Half Potato salad updated

Updated with asterisks***

Half and half as half mayo and half miracle whip!

***Without eggs!




         Egg slices on top!

When you're in the mood for potato salad quite honestly nothing stops me. It can be Day, night or in between it really doesn't matter.  I put this together last night and ate some while slightly warm. I can't help myself when I want something the hour does not matter.  Just in time for the weekend...One of my favorites side salads........Yummy!




Today's weekend potato salad includes:

5/or 6 good size Idaho baking potatoes
1/2 to 1 cup each...Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 to 3/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup grated sweet onion or onion powder to taste ***( I find in potato salad I prefer onion powder)
2 hard boiled eggs
Sprinkle or two of paprika




Instructions:


Boil potatoes in salted water until fork inserted in center is slightly soft
Remove, drain and allow to cool a bit.  It'll be easier to remove skin without burning your fingers. Cube potatoes to desired size.  Place in a large bowl. Set aside. 

Mix miracle whip, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and ***onion powder in a medium size bowl or do as I do after I cut my potatoes in cubes I add all of the ingredients to the potatoes and mix thoroughly with either a large spoon or hands.

Note: the eggs.........you can either clean and dice white of eggs and include or add yolks to mixture making sure to smash eggs thoroughly tossing well to coat all potatoes or slice and top potato salad.  Taste test for correct salt amount. I like salt and feel it adds to flavor but too much is not good so I know in this recipe my amount of salt is good to our liking but you can adjust to your particular taste or salt restrictions.

Sprinkle paprika for a garnish.

Refrigerate a few hours or overnight to allow seasoning to settle and soak up all the wonderful flavor.

 Enjoy!
5/25/17 original 

No comments: