Sunday, May 22, 2022

Quick Hamburger Crescent Ring Meal

Original post 8/27/14

Updated instructions: 5/22/22

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought a pretty big order because I am planning some new recipe dinners and desserts this week.  Fall is on it's way and I am pumped again to get some new recipes to you.

I had some time to glance over a few of the recipes I thought would be easy for those who need to change their summer menu and are thinking fall and comfort foods. Note:  It is a very good idea to check and mark the items you need for a recipe before you go to the store.  It will save you loads of time in the long run.


I saw this recipe that was made with crescent rolls, went to look it up and couldn't find it so here is what I came up with.  Tasty meal!  For a large family you'll have to buy 2 or 3 pkgs of crescent rolls because this meal is a grab and go type and it will be gone 123.

Hubby and I were fine with one package and I did have enough meat mixture to make two with the amount of ingredients I have listed below.









Instructions:

  1. Coat the back of a baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll both cans of crescent dough and separate unto 16 triangles. Put a 5-inch ramekin in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Arrange the triangles in a ring around the ramekin so the short sides of the dough are touching the ramekin, overlapping slightly, and the pointed ends are facing outward (it should look like a giant sun). 

Spoon the beef mixture over the short ends of the triangles closest to the ramekin. Cover the beef with the cheese slices. Top the cheese with the pickle slices. Remove the ramekin. Take hold of the pointed end of one of the triangles and fold it up and over the filling, tucking the tip under the bottom edge of dough to secure (the dough will not cover the filling completely but should cover the pickle slice). Repeat with the remaining triangles (there will be some gaps where you can see the beef mixture)











1 1/4 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion grated
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup pepper cheese
canola oil
salt and pepper
1 pkg. crescent rolls

Brown beef and onion in oil.  Add salt and pepper, cream cheese and pepper cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.  Set aside to cool or refrigerate until ready to use. I think I could have done a little better in presentation as I was hurrying to get this on the table.  The filling was a quick thought
so I am sure you could change the pepper cheese to another cheese if you prefer.

Place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 375 degrees 15 minutes or until browned.  Yummy!

Note:  I cut up a fresh tomato and seasoned it to our liking and spooned it into the center of the ring.  Hubby thought it was mighty fine.



No comments: