Thursday, August 2, 2018

Blueberry and Walnut Salad

Spring or Summer salad coming your way! 



I am going to try very hard to post some new salads my foodies.  I have a lot already posted so if you are in doubt of what type salad you would like to make check out labels under Sizzling Salads for lots more.

Happy Spring/Summer Eating from my kitchen to yours,



M.J.




6 cups mixed greens

1 cup fresh blueberries

1/2 cup toasted and coated with honey walnuts, chopped
1 cup cubed turkey or chicken, optional


Lemon Dill Vinaigrette Dressing



4 T olive oil

2 T lemon juice

2 Tsp. Dijon mustard

1 clove garlic, minced optional

1 tsp. honey

1/2 tsp. salt

1 T fresh dill roughly chopped (I used dried dill)

Add all dressing ingredients and whisk together or shake in a clean glass jar. In a bowl, toss greens with dressing.  Divide greens among 4 plates. Top with blueberries and walnuts.



I toasted my walnuts with a drizzle of honey..

From my kitchen to yours,




5/30/13
5/11/15

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Above says, 1/2 cup toasted & coated with honey. It's suppose to be walnuts right?

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes Kim. So sorry I will correct it immediately. :)M.j.

Unknown said...

Thanks, this looks so yummy!!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks for commenting Kim. I love that you actually read my posts and comment. I makes it all worth while. <3 M.j.