Saturday, August 11, 2018

Doughnut muffins

So good so I decided to repost for your enjoyment.

I was so craving doughnuts and I had to make these doughnut muffins!! So yummy! A before lent treat... reminded me of the days gone by.  It’s the hint of nutmeg and vanilla that reminded me of store bought doughnuts.

I didn't change a thing with this recipe.  It's so yummy!






Doughnut" Muffins 
3/4 c sugar 
1 large egg 
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking power 
1/4 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 c vegetable oil 
3/4 c milk 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
2 Tbsp butter, melted 

1/2 c sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon whisked together for rolling the warm doughnuts.

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tin. Note: I used muffin liners not to mess my muffin pans but next time will place the batter directly into muffin tins.

 Beat sugar and egg until light.

 In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in oil, milk and vanilla. The batter will be very thin.

 Pour into 10 muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Melt butter and brush warm muffins with butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on rack.

I don't know where this recipe originated but kudo's to the original post.




2/11/18


No comments: