Thursday, May 10, 2018

Biscotti with less sugar and fat!

In my quest to not change the taste of my Biscotti and texture today I decided it was a good day to experiment with my original recipe I had posted when I started blogging.



I cut the sugar in half of what the recipe called for and today trying to cut fat I used 1/2 butter and  4 oz unsweetened applesauce . I flavored them as I usually do and added chopped almonds and cranberries to some.
  Use my Almond Biscotti recipe in labels.https://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2018/11/almond-biscotti-my-favorite.html




The result!  Not as sweet and a little more dense than my original but with coffee or alone (hubby ate loads) they are fine and maybe it'll take a bit of the guilt away from overindulging..

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,









1/8/16
1//3/12

No comments: