Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Homemade Italian style Chicken Patties!

Whenever possible I try to make homemade and these easy Italian Chicken Patties can easily be made for your family.

I know store bought packages are convenient but you can make these healthy convenient chicken patties too.  Combining these easy ingredients and making your own patties you can freeze several to keep on hand for later too!



Note:  These patties can be easily topped with your favorite red sauce, onions and peppers, sliced cheese or just about any topping you would like. **** A great sandwich on a crusty roll or meal.  You choose!





Today I am making them and freezing them so when I'm busy I'll have something healthy and tasty to quick serve.  You can easily defrost them in the refrigerator overnight for your meal or microwave on defrost and quick fry in canola or olive oil.  Why not double the recipe and wrap and freeze some for your family?

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground chicken
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain or seasoned)
1/2 cup  grated Italian cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  If your mixture is dry add a tablespoon or two of water.  My chicken was very moist so I did not need to add any liquid.

Using a large Tablespoon or as I do an ice cream scooper, scoop into large balls and shape to either round or oval shape. Saute slowly in slight amount of olive oil until lightly browned and center is no longer pink.  Serve with salad, pasta, veggies or top with peppers and onions for a light lunch.  1 lb. made approx. 8 to 9 average size patties.







Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,




12/11/12
1/7/13

No comments: