Thursday, November 1, 2018

Almond Biscotti: My Favorite!!!

If you want tender buttery tasting Biscotti, this recipe is for YOU!


Hi Everyone and a very good and positive thinking day to you.

I can't believe how quickly times goes by. This original recipe for my biscotti was one of my first recipes I posted on my blog. I still make them frequently because IMO it is the best recipe to date. Enjoy!

This is really the easiest of all Biscotti recipes.  I have made many different type Biscotti  and  the consistency and tenderness as well as buttery taste in this recipe out numbers any others I had made.  You can toast them for crunch or  slice them (they have to be cool).  They will not slice well unless they are cooled.  I use an electric knife but any very sharp serrated  knife will work. They are wonderful just the way they are or Add cranberries, almonds, mini choc. morsels etc.  I found this recipe years and years ago in a magazine and I still  have the small torn and tattered piece that I have taped on an index card. Ask my friends...they love this recipe!





 1 cup butter (I use salted)
2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
6 eggs
2 tsp. almond(watch amount), anise, vanilla or butternut extract
4 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped almonds( pecans, cranberries)or chopped dates
4 tsp. milk

In a mixing bowl cream butter and 2 c.sugar..( add a little less if you prefer a less sweet biscotti). Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition..Stir in extract..Combine dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture..Remove from mixer.  Stir in almonds or other dried fruit.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.  Divide dough in half, spread by tablespoons (illustrations below)onto two 12x3 inch rectangles on foil. (Drop by tablespoons approx. 8 full tablespoons in line) (photo will show how to do).  Brush with milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.

Bake 375 for 15 to 20 min. or golden brown and firm to touch.  Remove from oven.  Reduce heat to 300.  Lift rectangles onto cooling rack.  Cool at least 15 min. They will slice better if completely cooled.

Place on cutting board and slice diagonally 1/2 in. thick.  Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 10 min. and turn cookies over and bake additional 10 minutes for crisp Biscotti.    Cool and store in airtight container. 

Recipe makes 4 rolls..Two on each cookie sheet.

****Updated photo. 12/4/2022

I added 1 cup chopped dates to this recipe.  Delicious!















Choc chips were added to these Biscotti.

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,
5/9/11 original post

4 comments:

Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls said...

I've never made biscotti and I love how you showed step by step instructions. The almond flavors sound just perfect!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thank you Ann! I try doing the step by step procedure as often as I can..I really think it helps! Thanks for commenting! :)

Kimberly said...

I've been afraid of biscotti! It just seemed so daunting! This looks pretty easy. I will have to try it out. Can I brush with almond milk instead of regular milk?

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes you can Kimberly. Great idea. Let me know the results. xo M.J.