Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Turkey breast and trimmings






One pot turkey breast 

It’s not Thanksgiving but when I feel like a turkey meal I make it to my liking and don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving…just saying.,

Easy meal when you’re wanting turkey not chicken for a meal.

All I did was with this bone in small turkey breast was to sear it on both sides it in vegetable oil in my cast iron pot with salt pepper and onion granules.  

After the turkey was seared  I then added about 1/2 +cup chicken broth. Put the lid on it and put in oven at 325° and it reached 165° in about 11/2 hours.  

The turkey breast was about 1.5 lbs. 

Once the turkey breast reached 165° I allowed it to rest for about 5 minutes and then sliced it with a large serrated knife. It made yummy gravy.

Served with great sides!  It hit the spot! Yummy!
Enjoy!



No comments: