Wednesday, November 1, 2023

New recipe Chili w vegetables recipe

Today was a day to play with food.






I added my touch to a recipe I had never used before.

My mother in law when she made chili she would add a can of mixed vegetables to hers.  I never cared for it so when I made chili I would make my version of a recipe I used from the first time I made chili and it involved beef, onion salt and pepper, chili powder and tomato juice.  My original recipe:

https://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2019/02/basic-chili-con-carne.html

New recipe:
I lb. Ground beef
1 medium onion chopped 
2 carrots chopped or sliced
I tsp. Cumin
1tsp. Chili powder
1tsp. Better than bullion beef seasoning****
1/2 cup water***
I stalk celery chopped 
1tsp. Salt
1large can crushed tomatoes 
1 small red or green or yellow pepper ****
1 can dark kidney beans rinsed and drained 







In a Dutch oven pot place a small amount of vegetable oil.
Place carrot,celery,onion and beef, yellow pepper ,salt and sauté until onion is translucent and beef is browned.

Add tomatoes, Better than bouillon, cumin , chili powder, drained beans and chopped pepper.

Cook on low to medium until it starts to boil.  Cook on low slightly covered for approximately 1hour or more.

Because of the vegetables this recipe will need to be cooked on low until vegetables are tender.

Some fresh bread or crackers to sop up the juice.

Tbis chili is meant to be soupy!

Usually chili is topped with shredded cheese but today I put a dollop of sour cream on mine.  Delicious!!




Enjoy!


No comments: