Wednesday, July 26, 2023

No Bake Lemon ice box pie

Betty Crocker recipes have always been a go to for me when I need an easy and family friendly dessert.  I have her cookbook from the sixties which I received at my bridal shower.  Her recipes always are easy to follow.  

Enjoy!




Here’s another great summer pie to cool you off.  Light and refreshing this lemon pie requires no baking and can be easily made.

You might even like to take it to a summer pot luck.  Everyone seems to love lemon.

I topped it with Cool whip and dusted it with graham cracker crumbs and a garnish of lemon slices.








Please Note:

I do not use unsalted butter so I do not use additional salt if recipe call for it.

Ingredients

Crust

  • 1 1/2cups graham cracker crumbs (10 to 12 whole crackers) 
  • 1/4cup packed light or dark brown sugar 
  • Pinch of salt 
  • 6tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 

Filling

  • 8oz cream cheese, softened 
  • 1can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk 
  • 1/2cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 
  • 1tablespoon grated lemon peel

Note:
1- 8 oz. Container Cool whip or 1 pt. Of beaten heavy cream( optional) to top the pie if desired,

In a medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Press evenly into ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate 1 hour.

2
In large bowl, beat Filling ingredients until smooth. Spread evenly in crust. Refrigerate 6 hours or until set.


Serve plain or with whipped topping,

Adapted from Betty Crocker 

No comments: