Thursday, October 29, 2020

Crockpot Chicken in butter and garlic sauce

It's a rainy, cool fall day here in Pennsylvania and I have been slacking on my cooking.  I cook everyday but have been cooking our favorites so today I decided to try an easy new chicken meal.  Can’t beat the convenience of crockpot cooking!





I love crockpot cooking because it's just for people like me who sometimes need a break from cooking but do love to eat.

Here goes:

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 large carrots cut in large slices
1 bag Yukon Gold potatoes cut in half
1-14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 stick salted butter(I used 4 tablespoons)and it was just fine
3 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
pinch pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried parsley

Place chicken in bottom of large crockpot

Microwave butter, garlic , salt, pepper, thyme and parsley for 25 seconds and stir.  
Pour 1/2 of mixture over chicken.

Add carrots and potatoes.  Pour remainder of butter mixture over veggies.

Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth

Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 hours. 

Moist and flavorful!!




No comments: