Saturday, October 31, 2020

Sour cream Apple pie DELIGHT




Hi everyone!

My mom made wonderful meals and desserts.  Some of them take me back in time when I knew but never truly appreciated what she put on our table.

As I got older that is when I truly realized and appreciated her great meals and I was so very lucky to be at her side when she baked.

This is her recipe from the 80ties.

She always made it in a cookie sheet with a cinnamon sugar crumble on top.

Today I’m adjusting her recipe to use my deep pie dish.

Here goes:

1- package refrigerated pie crust(Allow to come to room temperature)( it will roll easier when softened)

3lb. Bag Gala apples peeled, cored and sliced (Gala apples stay in perfect pieces when cooked)
Note: if you are looking for a softer Apple pie you may want to use Macintosh apples.
3/4 cup sugar 
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg beaten

***Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a large bowl place sliced apples and sugar.  Mix apples with sugar.  In a small bowl whisk egg with sour cream. Add sour cream egg mixture to apples making sure to coat all apples with mixture.

Roll out one pie crust to fit a deep pie dish. Pinch and fork edges so crust won’t slip into pie while baking.

Gently place apple mixture in crust.

Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.

Remove from oven and top with pie crust slices.

Using a pastry brush gently spread topping mixture.

After spreading topping on pastry slices Turn oven down to 350 degrees, place pie back in oven and bake an additional   30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.

Note  **cover edges with foil or as I have using a crust cover as not to brown edges too much.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes.

Slice and serve.

This is Delicious!  Making Mom Proud!

Enjoy!


From my kitchen to yours,






Topping
2  T Butter melted
3 T Brown sugar
1T flour

Mix together to make a paste. Spread gently over pie strips.











 

No comments: