Monday, July 20, 2020

Zinnias Short and tall versions

Summer gardening 

From my garden to yours 

Lesson 1

Buy quality seeds, Container and /or potting soil 

Do not plant seeds in ground until after Memorial Day.

Frost can occur at any time before that date .  It’s pretty safe to say it shouldn’t occur after that date.

Clean up area you plan to plant seeds.  I usually use a little good soil to mix in with ground soil.  I plant my seeds in a row close to my house for some support and I like the uniformity.
Zinnias will need some support as they grow.  I use twine or string and attach the twine/string to posts I hammer in ground.
(you do not need to put posts in ground until seedlings/ plants are at least 1 foot high.

Note:  you can start seeds in early May in small containers in your home to give the seeds a quick start.

I’ll do another tutorial on how to do that early step in another blog post.

THESE ARE THE ZINNIAS 2020 July.
 It was necessary to add two rows of string to support them.

These were planted from last years seeds collected in the fall.



CONTAINER GARDENING!

FIVE


FOUR




THREE



TWO

ONE









No comments: