Friday, July 10, 2020

No bake Peanut butter and pretzel bars

Hi everyone!

Last night I had a major case of insomnia.  I tried reading, watching tv and browsing the internet so when none of those worked I made myself useful in my kitchen trying to be very quiet not to wake up hubby.  Fortunately I had all the easy ingredients to m

I succeeded!!! I asked him this morning if he heard me and thankfully he did not.  I really hoped I could do this without making a lot of noise.

We just had some for lunch and they certainly are a sweet and delicious snack idea.

I put them in refrigerator overnight and then took them out and allowed to set 10 minutes before cutting them into bar size pieces..  They cut in bars very nicely.

Since it’s very hot here in Pa I’ll refrigerate them until I want to serve them again.  The chocolate melts easily in this very hot weather.

This is a No Bake recipe!  Easy to make anytime.



1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, melted
2 cups pretzel rods, crushed into crumbs 
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 
1 cup plus 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter 
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips 

  • In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, pretzel crumbs, confectioners' sugar and 1 cup of the peanut butter and stir together until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish. Combine the chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted and smooth; two intervals should be enough. Mix to blend, then spread over the peanut butter-pretzel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting




No comments: