Saturday, July 11, 2020

Nectarine tarts

I was taking a chance on this recipe and quite honestly I didn't know what my results would be once I started.  I used minimal ingredients and the results turned out fantastic.

Grocery shopping a few days ago had resulted in several uneaten nectarines so I didn't feel like eating the four I had I decided why not try a small tart or 6.  My large muffin pan(6) would easily handle this task and fortunately I had one refrigerated pie crust that was eager to be used by me.  I had never attempted to make a pie with nectarines but these were great taste for my taste buds.  I was definitely able to taste the difference between a peach taste and a nectarine taste; similar but different.    

Using a large disk(jar gripper) I easily cut round circles to fit my muffin tin on the roll out sheet of pie crust.  Pretty neat!












4 large nectarines ( remove skin and chop in small pieces)
1/3 cup sugar
1T instant tapioca or flour
1 refrigerated pie crust

Remove crust from wrapper.  Allow crust to rest a  few minutes to soften slightly
Using a 5” round circle ( I used a rubber jar opener) I cut 6 circles.  I made 6 circles in crust. Press firmly in muffin cups and with a fork prick around the edges so crust won't shrink.  Mine could have been better but it worked out fine.

Toss nectarines with sugar and tapioca.    Spoon generously into pie shells.  Top with streusel and bake approximately 12 to 14 minutes.  My nectarines were soft and they baked beautifully to make the perfect tart.  A little whipped cream on top and a nice dessert.  Enjoy!


Streusel Topping
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 T softened butter

In a small bowl place brown sugar, flour and softened butter.  With a fork mix all into crumbs. Sprinkle on top for a delicious topping to compliment the nectarines.

Bake 400 degrees approximately 12 to 14 minutes.  Check at 10 minutes to make sure crust hasn't browned too much. If so cover slightly with foil.

Happy Baking!

9/1/18

No comments: