Sunday, April 19, 2020

Oatmeal Apple pie




Even though I made an Italian ricotta cake the other day. (I froze half for another time).
I made an apple pie last night.  I had a few Gala apples I needed to use and my hubby never refuses apple pie.

I made up my recipe while he was peeling and dicing apples in small pieces.

4 medium apples cut and diced
1/2 cup dried oats
1/2 To 3/4 cup sugar
And of course cinnamon approximately 1tsp.
2tsp. Butter
Double crust ( refrigerated pie crust )

I had never thought of adding oats before but thought it was worth a try. Just a idea that came out of my head at that moment!

It’s not a full pie but hubby said best ever!  We ate some warm!  He came back for seconds.







Bake 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.  Cover edges after 10 minutes to avoid browning too much.

Yummy!






No comments: