Friday, February 14, 2020

Caramel Puffed Corn

Who can resist Caramel Corn?  So light with just the right amount of light sugary coating to snack on.  Whether it is watching a football game or having a few friends over to visit this is one great snack! I first tasted this caramel delight when visiting a friend and I couldn't wait to get home to make it.!   Happy Snacking!!!!

After I took it out of the oven I dried it on parchment paper to avoid a mess on my cookie sheet..



I managed to get the recipe from my friend and  today I went and bought all that was needed to make this snack..I plan of giving some containers as small tokens of appreciation to several of my friends...Note:  For those of us who can't eat nuts or regular pop corn this is a great alternative!!!







 Puffed Corn (Hull less) Butter

1 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 
1 1/2 cups dark Karo syrup
pinch of salt
8 oz. or more salted peanuts (optional)

2 1/2 bags large Puffed Corn (Butter) not cheddar

Heat all the above ingredients except the corn..until a slow boil.

Using a large roasting pan(or disposable aluminum roasting pan) pour melted ingredients over corn and stir so that most of corn is covered with syrup mixture...Toss well..Bake approx. 50 minutes at 225 degrees..stirring every 10 minutes..


Dump corn mixture onto a large cookie sheet when baking is complete to cool..


When totally cool, break apart and store in air tight container..





12/8/11
12/12/13
11/30/15

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh now you have me craving puff corn! I love that stuff!

Also, You've been award the Liebster Blog Award from Amy's Cooking Adventures! Congrats!
http://amyscookingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/12/shout-out-to-up-and-coming-bloggers.html

M. J. Vitelli said...

Love them!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

YUM! I made caramel corn a couple weeks ago and had to give some away so I wouldn't single-handedly eat the whole batch. Now I'm wishing I had some leftover :) Yours looks terrific!