Monday, October 21, 2019

Pot Roast casserole





I made this today.  I saw the recipe in Betty Crocker recipes and did it my way with save time with few short cuts.

Small eye round roast about 1 1/4 lb. cooked on low all day yesterday. I cooked it about 6 hours on low in crockpot with small can beef broth.  Allowed to cool and sliced thin.  Refrigerated in juice until today.

Today I sautéed in 2 tablespoons of  butter 1/2 cup each chopped carrots, celery and onions about 6 minutes .

I then added the thinly sliced roast and 1/2 cup of the broth to carrot mixture.  Sautéed until heated through.
Lo



Now comes the fun part.  I placed the above in a greased 9x13 “ baking dish and added already cooked scalloped potatoes on top.  ( Costco 2lb.) (6.99) and baked at 350 degrees for twenty minutes uncovered,  I used almost all of it.  I’ll show pictures of it below.

Note: The allrecipes recipe called for boxed scalloped potatoes and following the box directions.  I took a sure bet on the potatoes because I’ve made them before and they are delicious.  I also wanted a short cut meal.






No comments: