Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Making pizza Grandma's way!

I remember Grandma making her own pizza and so did my Mom made her pizza this way.

 Mom would bake her own pizza dough or they would go to the bakery just down the street and the baker (a personal friend) would give them all the pizza dough they needed.

They would stretch it out to fit their huge deep cookie pan.  I remember it to be so large! That was long ago and I think that's how it seemed to me.

Their sauce was usually made with canned tomatoes(they loved to can) that they would simmer with fresh basil, olive oil , fresh chopped basil and lots of garlic.  No one would come close to us for fear of being knocked over from the smell of garlic.

 9/11/12



Today I decided to try something similar to how she made it.  I used canned diced tomatoes (I should have used petite diced).  Anyway I added all the above ingredients and topped a pre baked personal pan pizza from the grocery store; loaded it with fresh Pecorino Romano cheese and baked it about 10 minutes or so at 400° degrees. Buon Appetit!

No mozzarella in Grandmas pizza!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M.J.

No comments: