Monday, February 8, 2021

Red Beef stew


This recipe is super easy and so delicious.  Summers here and I’m multi tasking by using my crockpot so I can have a meal ready for later while I do laundry.  Mom’s Monday meal was homemade soup as many of our mom’s did.

1lb. Stir fry beef pieces or beef cubes ( your beef will cook quickly ).
I medium onion diced
Salt and pepper
1-15 oz. tomato sauce (3 small Aldi sauce) or use crushed tomatoes 
2 cans water
I clove minced garlic
2 potatoes cubed
3 carrots cubed
1/2 lb. green beans (aldi frozen) (optional)

Sauté beef and onion in a little oil.
Drain any unnecessary grease.  My beef was super lean.

Add tomato sauce , carrots and water.  Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours.

Note;  I use my microwave to par cook my cubed potatoes and green beans in salted water. Drain and add to sauce 1 hour before serving.

Yummy!  Enjoy!



Adding more veggies is always an option,



Fresh Italian bread for sure!  Yummy!


No comments: