Thursday, September 24, 2020

Taco casserole


I get bored very easily with the same recipes made the same way using the same pan so today I'm making my taco casserole in a bundt pan. It's a first try using this type pan.




1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
4 oz. softened cream cheese
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 cup medium salsa or more(save 1/2 to top casserole after baking)
I to 2 pkg. soft tacos (small) 10 in package
Bundt pan

Cook beef until browned. Drain any grease and add 1 package taco seasoning and Cook  according to directions on package.  Add 1/2 cup salsa to beef.  Set aside.









Soft taco casserole made in a bundt pan.

Directions:

Spray bundt pan generously with cooking spray.  Layer (4) 10 small soft tacos first then cooked seasoned taco meat, shredded cheddar cheese, soft tacos, cream cheese and sour cream mixture and so on.  I used 1 package small (10)soft tacos .  I think 1 1/2 packages would be fuller. Bake covered 30 minutes at 325 degrees.  My pan was a dark pan so if you are using a regular bundt pan without coating you probably could bake it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to set as is for 5 to 7 minutes.  Turn onto large round platter and top with salsa and cheese while warm.  Cut with a serrated knife and serve with a pie server or spatula.  Enjoy!


I made an iceberg lettuce salad to serve with it.

Extra salsa and sour cream too.






No comments: