Saturday, August 29, 2020

Cranberry or Blueberry Cream Cheese loaf


Updated photo (3/18/23) as well as I only made one (1) loaf today so I cut the recipe (in half )and substituted blueberries for fresh cranberries.  I did use the dried cranberries as per original recipe.

Delicious!








I can’t believe we’re half way through September already.

Summer is but a memory and cool crisp air is just around the corner.  I think a few new recipes are about to be made because I'm starting to get my mind on baking.  Quick breads have always been favorites for me.  Scones, blueberry muffins, banana bread and cinnamon streusel bread are some of my favorite recipes..They're great for morning grab and go meal satisfiers.


Note:  I used a 9” x 5” loaf pan.

Today’s yummy recipe is a new one and it has cream cheese in it. I had several bags of frozen cranberries in my freezer so by making this recipe I was able to free up a little freezer space while enjoying a freshly baked cake like loaf.

 Moist and buttery tasting this is a definite keeper.  Brunch, Breakfast or just because you're craving something sweet but not too sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth craving.

The original recipe called for all fresh or frozen cranberries but I adapted it to my way by cutting back on the fresh/frozen cranberries and adding some dried cranberries for sweet and using a bit less sugar.  It turned out perfect!

Yummy!




2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks)softened butter(I used salted butter) If using unsalted butter add 1 tsp. salt to recipe
1-8oz. Softened cream cheese
4 eggs room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Using an electric mixer mix sugar, softened butter and softened cream cheese.   Add vanilla and eggs one at a time while beating.

In another bowl place flour and baking soda.  Stir.  Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture beating slowly to all is incorporated.

With a large spoon gently fold in dried and fresh cranberries.

Grease two loaf pans with cooking spray.  Slowly spoon mixture evenly into two loaf pans.  Making sure to spread evenly.

Bake 350 degrees in center rack approximately 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean. 

Delicious and hard to resist eating one slice.  Enjoy!  We definitely did!!!!!!






No comments: