Monday, August 24, 2020

Chicken stuffed mini peppers

Sweet peppers!  Yummy!  If you have any doubt about a green pepper as far as strong or bitter taste by all means try variegated peppers.   Red, yellow and orange sweet and flavorful peppers are the best choice for sweetness and great flavor.  Note;  how about using this stuffing for your favorite hot peppers? Hmmm

Today I decided to stuff these tiny long peppers and have a side salad and potato as well.  A light and tasty meal.

Enjoy!

Any extra filling I froze into patties.

1lb. Ground moist chicken
1egg
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1tsp. Salt 
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder 
I small onion grated
1/2 to 3/4 cup breadcrumbs 
Fresh jar sauce( I use Victoria brand marinara sauce)
Shredded mozzarella 
Pecorino Romano cheese 

Wash and remove seeds from peppers.  Fill with as much chicken stuffing as you are able to.  I had about 8 peppers so I’m thinking one and a half to 2 dozen variegated peppers might work if you are not having as many sides as I.  

Place sauce in baking pan.  Add stuffed peppers. Top with more sauce, Grated mozzarella and Pecorino Romano Cheese.

Place in preheated 325 degrees in oven covered for approximately 60 minutes.

Yummy!













No comments: