Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas fun for everyone!

Hi everyone.  I'm going to be sitting back a bit starting the 22nd  doing very little posting unless I decide to make a few new cookie recipes I decided to make last minute. I'll be busy prepping and preparing for our Christmas dinner 2017.

Our family is 11 and our grandchildren are home from college(2) and the others(3) will be soon out for Christmas break. It's probably the only time of year we can manage to get them together at the same time which is not the way it used to be but I understand(scratching my  head) wishing it could be the way it used to be way back when.  Times have changed and maybe that's what my parents used to say. Just tells you how old in years I am. I'm still a kid at heart and intend to stay this way until forever.....

My menu is set and most of my main food items are made and all I have to do it put it all together.  It's all laid out in my mind lol.  I haven't decided on what antipasto design I will make.  It may just be something simple unless my ambition to create takes over.

My family will be surprised at the main entree. I won't bring attention to it because they may be checking out my page.

Hubby and I do manage to buy the extra gift we do every year where each family guesses what is in the box.


The largest wrapped gift on bottom is the family gift.


  If I haven't told you about it I will now.  We buy something we feel is family friendly in the $50.00 range.  I Wrap it and we give them clues.  The family closest to what the actual gift is by guessing wins it.  It's fun! They go crazy over our clues. haha

We also do the saran wrap fun game.
2019


2017


2016 



  Hubby helps me by Wrapping up small items(dollar store) and small amounts of $$ rolling and twisting piece by piece until you have a huge ball.  You can find the how to on the internet. I'll give you the link.

Saran Wrap ball game



Check back to see what's baking and cooking in my kitchen when you get a chance.  Have a safe and enjoyable holiday. 

P. S. This is also a nice tradition to start if you haven't already. Buy an inexpensive tablecloth and let the little ones start decorating the tablecloth with washable markers. I started this way back in 2007....







Hugs, love and Blessings to everyone!



Merry Christmas........


2/18/16 original

No comments: