Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Roast pork with gravy!

Brrr....Winter's arrived in Pittsburgh with a blast of cold air and our first snow. I'm not complaining because after ten + years living here it's been the mildest winter so far.

I stayed in for the day and now I'm on my way to see our youngest grandson play varsity basketball. Bragging right's. lol   He is a freshman and he is an awesome player and that's how he managed to secure this position.

Today I spent about an hour putting together our Christmas fun game. It's called the Saran Wrap game and I'm sure you've heard it.  Inexpensive goodies and handy items are usually stacked and layered with saran to make a ball. It's all explained on google so if you haven't heard about it yet check it out. This is our second year doing it and the grandchildren love it. You can make it adult friendly too by adding various handy and fun items. I'll show a photo of my finished product further down in the post. Note: it's supposed to be in a ball shape so bear with me. I do my best but sometimes it looks like a football than a basketball.

While I was playing with the items I decided we did have to eat so I had a small pork loin about 1+ lbs. and decided today would be a nice day for some comfort food . Here's the recipe below. It's very easy and just adjust the seasonings to your liking. Enjoy!




1 1/2 lb pork loin
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Olive or vegetable oil

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Season roast , place oil in cast iron pot on medium heat. Place roast in pot and sear each side until nicely browned.

Once browned add 1 cup water and cover.  Place in heated oven and cook until tender. Approximately 11/2 hours. Slice thin. Thicken drippings by adding some more water, pinch, salt and pepper and flour.




Hint ***I use Wondra Gold Metal sifted flour and follow directions for gravy on back of container.

Note:  Here's the Saran Wrap Ball that I finished.







No comments: