Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cherry Pineapple Cheese Dip or spread




 Today I was feeling creative and hungry too so I used a few items in my frig and pantry and came up with this tasty appetizer.  I used fresh Bing cherries in this recipe but I am sure canned Bing cherries would work(drain well)and crushed pineapple. Simple ingredients for this nice dip or spread..

I served it with Ritz Crackers but any slightly sweet/salty cracker would work or even celery stalks would work.



Ingredients:

1 small can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple.(reserve liquid)
 1/2 lb. pitted cherries.
4 oz. softened cream cheese
 1 small vanilla or pineapple yogurt .
toasted coconut (optional)

  Place all ingredients in food processor or blender on chop and process for a few minutes.  You want mixture to be thick so pulse several times enough to get cherries to break in small pieces.  **If needed add small amount of pineapple juice to thin. Place in bowl, top with toasted coconut and serve with crackers of your choice.

Note:  Low fat cream cheese and low fat yogurt can be used to cut fat content.

A great summer appetizer.

From my kitchen to yours,







No comments: