Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mom's Pineapple Squares!

I'm hoping to get to making this great recipe for pineapple squares soon.

I have several recipes that include pineapple of my mom's..

I fondly remember her making them for graduation parties, communion and confirmation.  I never took the time to watch her at the time but it was a favorite when I was growing up and it seems to be a favorite with my family too.

I have so many of her and Nana's recipes and I'll keep posting them and those that I haven't had a chance to make I'll get to eventually and you will get the photos for sure.  You know this blog is a kitchen tested blog so I won't disappoint you can be sure.

One two three and you can serve plenty with a sheet type bar dessert ..Tender and moist I do remember how wonderful these were.  Today I decided to post Mom's Pineapple Squares recipe.  I'll post the pictures when I make it..This is exactly how  the recipe was written. Enjoy!

3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 sticks margarine
1/4 cup milk

Blend as you would for a pie crust. and divide into 2 parts.. 1st. part Roll out on a floured wax paper and line bottom of a dripping pan which is greased.

Save other part for topping.

Pineapple Filling
2 cans crushed pineapple(#2 cans)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Cook until thick..Cool completely!



Roll out second park of crust and lay on top..Dough is very soft, add a bit more flour if needed.. Mom said she did them in pieces and laid them close together on top of pineapple filling..

Happy Baking,



No comments: