Friday, March 22, 2024

Shipwreck dinner my way

I saw this recipe and it interested me so I made it according to directions and it was blah so I added a heaping tablespoon of soft cream cheese and a heaping tablespoon of soft cheddar cheese and now I taste tested it and it’s all GOOD!




I felt a light salad would be a nice touch to make this a meal.

  • 1 pound lean ground beef

  • 1 (7.25 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix (I used ALDIs brand)

  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chiles(I drained my tomatoes)

  • ***1  1/4 cup milk

  • ***1 cup frozen peas( I used baby limas for a change)

  • 1 cup frozen corn

  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste

    ***1 heaping tablespoon soft cream cheese

    ***1 heaping tablespoon soft sharp cheddar cheese 

    1cup cheddar cheese for topping.


Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain
 
  1. Stir in the mix, tomatoes, milk, and frozen vegetables. 
  2. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the pasta is tender. 
  3. Season and add the shredded cheddar cheese. 
  4. Dessert too!




No comments: