Friday, June 23, 2023

Crockpot Barbecue Beef Brisket

Today I am using the other half of a beef brisket I had in my freezer.





Onion should be on bottom of crockpot first.  Brisket on top of the onion.


I made this recipe my own by taking a few ingredients from two recipes.  It’s delicious!

Ingredients:

3  to 4 lb.  Beef brisket 
1 small onion sliced thick

Sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 T paprika 
1  Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon Worshireshire sauce
1 cup Barbecue sauce
1/2 cup water 

  Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.

Place sliced onion on bottom.  Place fat side up beef brisket on top of onion..  Mine was trimmed but did have some fat exposed.
  
Top with sauce.

Cook high 5 hours
Low 8 to 10 hours

Shred and serve.  Top with remaining sauce. I strained the sauce before adding it to the Brisket.

I think the paprika gave this a slight bite which complimented the rest of the ingredients.  Slightly sweet but not overly sweet.  Perfect imo.

Delicious!

Served Over mashed potatoes and a side of sweet corn.




L

No comments: