Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Fresh Lime pound cake

 


I adjusted some of the amounts to my liking.  An asterisk will note my changes.

Light and delicious with the perfect hint of lime.

I’ll be serving some fresh strawberries to compliment this cake.



Will drizzle an hour before serving.
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 
  • ***2 cups sugar ( I used 1 1/2 cups)
  • 4 eggs 
  • 2 tsp vanilla 
  • Juice and zest of 2 limes 
  • ***3 cups cake flour (I used all purpose sifted and sifted once more)
  • ½ tsp baking soda 
  • ***½ salt (I used salted butter so I did not add salt)
  • 1 cup half and half 

For Glaze:

  • 1 cup powder sugar 
  • 1-2 tbsp lime juice





  • Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray and then sugar.***I did not coat pan with sugar
  • Cream together butter and sugar in a medium bowl or large bowl, until fluffy.
  • Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
  • Beat in vanilla and lime juice.
  • Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
  • Alternate beating in flour mixture and half and half, a little at a time, starting and ending with the flour.
  • Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
  • Place pan in a cold oven and set temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 1 hour without opening oven.
  • Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 15 minute. Gently run a knife around the pan and remove to a plate to finish cooling.
  • Once cake has cooled completely, put powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl and whisk in lime juice, one tablespoon at a time, until a thin glaze has formed.
  • Drizzle glaze over the cake with a spoon.


  • Adapted from Lisa’s dinner time dish


    No comments: