Monday, December 19, 2022

A Grammie and Grandson moment 2022

Nate my helper in the kitchen when he was around 11.

Nate and me 2022.  He’s 23

This is my story and if it brings a chuckle it’ll be worth my taking a few minutes (15) to share it with you.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah to all and all who are reading this post. Xo


Here’s a funny true story to start your day.

Our grandson who was visiting this past weekend came bearing gifts.  A beautiful cheese cutting board and a Gouda cheese spread but the funniest actually “hilarious” gift was a huge piece of pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing. ( cooler packed).  He lives and goes to school in NC.

When he arrived very excited to see us He immediately after a few tight hugs said “Grammie I brought you a piece of Grandma’s pumpkin cake”.   I made her recipe.  I said thank you honey but I don’t like pumpkin.  

He looked at me confused and said but it’s Grandmas recipe.  I said I still don’t like pumpkin.  He looked at Poppy then said “it’s for you”.  Poppy said “I don’t like pumpkin either”.  

He then went to his Uncle Mark and his uncle laughed and  said “thanks Nate but I don’t like pumpkin either”.

I won’t say exactly how he reacted lol but threw his hands in the air lol and said Aunt Angela “ hopefully you like pumpkin “?? She said “ I do”.  

Then when they left she LEFT without it…lollol .IM STILL
LAUGHING!

We all laughed really lol lol tears in my eyes actually and Nate said “I guess I’ll bring the cake to my friend Katy” I know she loves pumpkin.  I sure hope she does!!!! End of story.  Happy ending.

  He assured me Katy loves pumpkin.

Those who don’t enjoy pumpkin  like me should get a few chuckles from this very true story.

This cookie recipe is one of the most popular on my blog.

https://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2019/12/pumpkin-cookies-soft-and-moist.html

I have to look up the pumpkin cake.  I have the recipe but don’t make it.😂😂😂

Merry Christmas!



No comments: