Thursday, March 4, 2021

Ice cream layer cake

I’m always making desserts and not all of them are scratch recipes.

We all take short cuts even though we prefer making recipes from scratch.  Here’s one I made today and I used a box cake mix I had handy.  Use any cake mix you might enjoy and you certainly can change the flavor of the ice cream as well!


1 - box chocolate cake mix made according to directions.

I-pint Heavy whipping cream or Large cool whip

If using heavy cream, add I tsp. vanilla and approximately 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and BEAT until stiff peaks form.

Topping of choice.  I used mini chocolate morsels.

Spray bottom of (2) 13x9 inch pans with cooking spray.

***I used disposable cake pans for convenience.

Batter will be thin.  Pour equal amounts into pans spreading evenly.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

COOL COMPLETELY!!!





Place approximately 2 cups Vanilla ice cream softened on one (1) pan.  

It is easy to spread if softened a little. I let mine out for 10 minutes and kept stirring until slightly softened.

Place the other cake on top of the ice cream and push down gently.

Spread either heavy whipping cream or cool whip all over cake.  Top with your favorite topping.

Place in freezer at least an hour to set.  Using a large blade knife cut into generous pieces.  Yummy!






I spread beaten heavy cream all over the cake and topped with morsels.  

****NOTE:  in center you can put thinly sliced bananas or your favorite nuts along with the softened ice cream.




No comments: