Saturday, May 2, 2020

Sliced round steak w/ peppers, sweet onion, spinach and snow peas!

I love using things I have in my freezer and adding some things I have in my refrigerator.  I think it totally makes me feel like I can create a meal and not waste anything. Does that make sense to you?  It does to me.  Note:  I imagine you could use any seafood mix to compliment this dish instead of steak!  Hmmm!!




I had about a pound of round steak in the freezer, so I took it out and let is thaw in refrigerator overnight.  If you notice I did cut the steak into strips for easier eating and also it stretched it nicely with the veggies.  I didn't cut the steak until after I had browned it!  Notice illustration below!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,





The snow peas give it and added crisp touch. Wonderful!!!


1 lb. round steak slices (thick)
1 chopped sweet onion
1 large clove garlic chopped
1 red pepper sliced
1 yellow pepper sliced
1 orange pepper sliced
1 can 15 oz. Hunts sauce
1 can water
1/2 bag baby spinach cleaned and stems removed
1/2 bag snow peas
3 T olive oil
90 second Balsmati Rice  or rice of choice



Saute steak in oil oil until it starts to brown.  Add onion and peppers and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic, sauce,1 can water, pinch of salt and pepper.  Cover and allow to cook until meat is tender and peppers soften slightly. Approximately 30 minutes.  Add cleaned spinach and snow peas and allow to cook for several minutes or until spinach has wilted. A great meal while using meat and veggies on hand.  Yum!

This is a crockpot friendly meal.

Brown meat and onion in oil.  Place in crockpot with peppers,  sauce and water.  Cook on low 4 to 6 hours.  Add snow peas and spinach ten minutes before serving.  




Serve over rice!

5/1/13
10/7/14

No comments: