Friday, May 1, 2020

Cheesecake again!

Another cheesecake recipe for us CHEESECAKE LOVERS!

Being in self quarantine AND self distancing has me baking and cooking most days!!

Today’s cheesecake has heavy cream in it and I’m curious to see if we enjoy this recipe  as much as my all time favorite cheesecake recipe..  Hint:  (It’s my Aunt Alda’s recipe) Which is also here on my blog.

Note:  The last two cheesecake recipes I have made  I don’t use a springform pan.  I have found I like serving it cut into squares.  For pretty presentation you may want to use the springform pan but for casual serving I recommend a 13x9 inch metal pan.




All Aldi ingredients!




Note:  I separate my eggs and beat the egg whites and fold  them into Batter gently before placing the cake in oven.  Something my mom suggested years ago.


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in sour cream and heavy cream. Blend in the flour and vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add eggs one at a time. Pour batter over crust.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is almost set (filling will be soft). Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before removing from pan.
Note:  this cheesecake cracked a bit!  I know some recipes suggest a water bath.  You could try it but I’m ok with it looking like this.  I do top my cheesecakes with our favorite toppings.  Cherry, pineapple, lemon or blueberry.  Yummy!  Enjoy!!

Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com

No comments: