Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Memories Wilkes-Barre, Pa and EHS All Class reunion, September 2016

This is a post I wrote right after my hubby and I went to our class reunion in 2016.  I graduated in June of 1964.  That was a long time ago and the below are my  thoughts.


I hadn't been to a class reunion since my 20th and had no intention of going now but my hubby really wanted to go see his classmates so I agreed at the last minute to hit the road and bite the bullet so to speak and attend this reunion with a smile.

 This was an all class reunion.  Several classes combined together to share some memories and hopefully a very good time.

My school memories are not very uplifting to say the least.  It was a small school where everyone knew everybody and cliques were prevalent.  I did not feel like I fit in any where.  I wasn't the one who wanted to hang out to be popular.  I just wanted a good friend.  It was hard and I really till this day don't understand it.  Pretty sad, right?

I was an average student who tried her best but even teachers were more partial to those who caught on quickly and got it!  It took me a lot to comprehend most times.  I had to read a particular topic over and over and math was a big challenge.  Basic math?  That was not a problem.  It was all the other more advanced math and chemistry that were my challenge.

Business and art turned out to be my strength so I pursued Business college and turned that into a rewarding profession.  I guess the moral to the above story is find what is important to you and pursue it.  There will be obstacles that stall you but keep on going.  I did and I'm here to say I am proud of what I've done and continue to aspire and be an inspiration.  What else could one ask for?

 The reunion turned out to be such a nice event.  I saw a lot of people who I remembered and several who I did not.  Everyone was cordial and friendly.  It was a very good time so I was very glad I decided to go.  

I certainly went on way too much but as I look at it , I must have needed to finally get this out in the open hoping it'll show others that even though we feel different or don't think we fit in, it shouldn't stop us from accomplishing our goals in life. 

Nothing should hold us back...We need to have confidence.  It took me many years to be confident and now I wish I would have not let my fears of embarrassment stand in the way.  You have to take one step at a time and be persistent.  Don't let your insecurities hold you back.  It did hold me back to an extent but I rose to be a better me..........



10/24/16
















Thanks for reading this post.  I'm hoping your enjoyed it and just maybe it'll help someone reach for the stars and be able to achieve their very best.   Life is good...Don't ever forget that!!!
.

No comments: